Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Accomplishment




Today the princess and I got in a little dispute. She said that my scribe duties were faltering. After I apologized and promised to double my efforts, she told me that she has "learned to have zero expectations of me."

I then told the princess that I had an idea for a Hallmark greeting card that went like this: "Out of our total combined awesomeness, you make up 98.6% of it. I make up 1.2% of it, and the other 0.2% is just the remainder of your awesomeness that just rubs off into the air."

She asked me where I got that from and I told her I just made it up.

"Oh," she said.

After a long period of silence, I was brutally honest with the princess and told her that I had expected her to severely thrash my card idea. She then replied that she was "trying to be nice and that my card idea was dumb." She then went on to say that she thought her hatred was implied, and that by saying "oh" she was "saying a lot with a little."

The princess then made fun of me, saying that I "don't even know how to take allergy medicine". She also claimed that my greatest accomplishment was a meatball, and that the meatball wasn't even good to begin with.

She then said I was a "fly on a trashcan".

I got angry and told her that my greatest accomplishment was not a meatball, and she said that "the fact that I have to say that obviously means that it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment