Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Saving the Puppy

One night a few weeks ago I found a little puppy wandering alone along a ditch next to a busy road, and I felt obligated to rescue it. Knocking a few doors and approaching a few strangers I was unable to find its owner. So I called the Princess and asked her what I should do. “Bring it to me!” she demanded. “I want a puppy!” So she took the puppy in and I was relieved that the puppy had a caretaker.

Later, upon further investigation and a visit to the vet, the Princess learned that the puppy was actually not a puppy at all, but a full grown Yorkie-like mutt. The vet also concluded that the dog recently had puppies.

“It was probably on the way to its puppies. Way to rip a dog’s family apart,” the Princess said.

Later I asked the Princess, as a joke, if I should “still feel bad about ripping the dog from its babies?”

“You should feel bad about everything you do,” she replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment