Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Catch Phrases

The Princess is her own biggest fan, and I think it's fairly obvious by now that she reads the blog, and even goes so far as to influence its artistic direction. But rest at ease, the Scribe is no puppet and often refuses and even ignores her attempts. Today, for example, she wondered why I did not comment on her anger for me not bringing her a sonic blast from Sonic. I explained to her that I've already mentioned the sonic blast several times throughout the blog, and the thought of mentioning it again did not sit well with me. The Princess said, "it's good to have a recurring theme." I explained to her that I thought the recurring theme of anger displayed toward her lack of a sonic blast was the equivalent of "Ya' Got Any Cheese?" from Family Matters, "Oh Have Mercy!" from Full House, or "How You Doin'" from Friends. It had become, in my eyes, a catchphrase. The Princess replied, "No...it's way more than that." I asked her how it was "way more than that" and she replied that if "Steve Urkel didn't get any cheese it didn't matter because there were no violent consequences."

No comments:

Post a Comment