Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Further Rejection


Some of you may remember that several weeks back I drew a picture for the Princess. It was commissioned by her as an image for her birthday dance party extravaganza. She dismissed it as being too "real" and she went on to say that she was going for something more "cartoony". When she asked me to draw another I refused. "No," she said, "Just draw one real quick! Make it more cartoony!" I told her no. She then said, "No! Just draw it real quick! Make it cartoony. That's what I want!"

So I gave in. I drew her something fast. Something I paid little attention to. I drew it hastily and without care. "HERE!" I said with vigor. "Take this!" The princess viewed it and then we went to lunch.


"I can't put that on the flyer for my dance party," she said.


"And why not?" I replied.


"Because you drew a reindeer with his hoof groping his crotch!"


"I did not," I replied with great pride.


"Yes you did!" the Princess Replied. "The reindeer is clearly grabbing his crotch!"


And I want it to be known at this point that I sincerely believed, with all my memory, that I had drawn a dancing reindeer with his hoof upon his chest. It was clear in my mind. I was certain. The princess and I argued for an hour about the presentation of the dancing reindeer. It was then that we finally returned to work and I walked to her desk and I snatched up the drawing to prove her wrong! That my drawing clearly did not display a reindeer with a hoof grabbing its balls! I was wrong and I never heard the end of it. Not from the Princess and certainly not from our good friend Rosencrantz.


1 comment:

  1. let it be known that the princess would have used this picture had the reindeer not been pulling a MJ dance move

    ReplyDelete