Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Holiday Season

Not long ago, the princess requested that I draw a picture of a dancing Rudolph in commemoration of her upcoming birthday that falls close to Christmas. She said it would be for a flyer she was putting out for her huge dance party extravaganza. I was hesitant at first, as I had drawn things for her before that were, in her eyes, less than satisfactory. But after a couple of weeks of "where's my picture?" and "Is my picture done yet?" I finally gave in and drew this. Although I was uninspired and drew this with a lack of enthusiasm, during the drawing process something changed. I thought, "Hey, you know what? This is actually pretty neat! I like it a lot!" And I was sure the princess would like it as well. I was so confident that I even said to myself, "she is going to LOVE this."

When the princess looked at it she said, "Hmmm. I may or may not use this. I was expecting it to be a little more cartoony."

2 comments:

  1. i LOVE this picture. If I had a house, I'd buy it and put it on the mantle in the master bedroom.

    --Masie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Masie! The Lowly Scribe would gladly give this original art work to someone who would appreciate it as much as yourself. I rescued it from the trash, so it is yours if you want it. The Princess certainly didn't

    ReplyDelete